R. Lee Ermey's SOUND OFF Forum
Username:   Password: 
Auto Login

R. Lee Ermey's SOUND OFF Forum
The views and posts in this do not represent the views of R. Lee Ermey or R. Lee Ermey.com, .net, .org, .biz or .us entities.

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 am
All times are UTC - 4 Hours

Get your Gunny Garmin Voice Skins at Gunny Ermey's PX. CLICK NOW SWEATHEART!!!
Gunny Chat
Politics, Man...politics

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

Game Trophies: 3
Re: Politics, Man...politics
Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:50 am

Quote:
Why We Should ALL Be Celebrating Today's UKIP Triumph in Rochester and Strood

Yesterday, in the final hours of the Rochester and Strood by-election, Thornberry demonstrated just how far her party has travelled from its roots when she snobbishly tweeted a photograph of a council house, its walls decorated with the Cross of St George, a white van parked outside, with the message: "Image from Rochester."

The tweet may have cost her her job, but as Alex Wickham noted here yesterday this is precisely why white working class voters are deserting the Labour party in droves and gravitating towards UKIP instead.

The modern Labour party just doesn't represent their interests any more. It's unpatriotic; it's largely responsible for the mass immigration which is costing them jobs and housing and school places and hospital beds; and it no longer cares about the workers - only about quangocrats and EU directives and immigrants and public sector parasites and tedious battles of no interest to any real person, such as "diversity" and "equality" and "heterosexism".

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/11/21/Why-we-should-ALL-be-celebr ating-today-s-UKIP-triumph-in-Rochester-and-Strood
Administrator

"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a common brawl."
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:59 am

Quote:
Document Dump Shows DOJ Worked With White House To Target 'Out of Control' Sharyl Attkisson For Fast and Furious Coverage

A Department of Justice document dump to government watchdog Judicial Watch, made public yesterday, shows former DOJ Spokeswoman and Holder Flack Tracy Schmaler talking to the White House about "out of control" investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson. Attkisson was covering Operation Fast and Furious for CBS News at the time.

An email was sent by Schmaler to White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz on October 4, 2011 and shows she planned to call Attkisson's editor and longtime CBS anchor Bob Scheiffer to get a handle on her reporting.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/11/21/document-dump-shows-doj-tar geted-out-of-control-reporter-sharyl-attkisson-contacted-her-bosses-n1922095?utm _source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTownh all
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

Politics, Man...politics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:45 pm

OK, so I tried to find somewhere around here to post an article about President Bush and found that just about every relevent pre-existing topic either no longer exists or is locked.

I, and I think many others here, enjoy "talking" politics in this forum, especially with the Presidential election coming up.

Let me say this now...if you can't post a relevent comment, link, argument, etc. with maturity and without attacking other people here, then I will personally delete your sorry post from this topic without further energy expenditure on my behalf....in short, I am sick and tired of babysitting and would like at least one mature topic in which to carry on Forum discussions! Wink

Steel
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:49 pm

"A former senior Virginia Air National Guard commander, who served with George W. Bush in the Texas Air Guard, says Bush volunteered for Vietnam combat service but was turned down because he did not have the required flight experience."

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicA rticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031773659263&path=!news&s=1045855934842

Anybody able to substantiate or refute this claim or any part? Would be interested if anyone out there has more info!
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:50 pm

Well said SOT, we all need to realize that although we may have differnt opinons about a lot of differnt issues, that gives us no right to insult anyone. Most of us are Americans. We also have some brothers and sisters in arms from other parts of the world who can provide great outside views on how America is doing on a golobal scale. These are all good things. If we take the time to respect each other and each other's diffenences we can make this one of if not the best Forum on the Internet.
To all the staff keep up the good work and thank you for the support you give this fine site.
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:02 pm

"Salon.com, the most important of the Internet's general interest magazines, reported rumors, in August 1999, that Presidential candidate George W. Bush was arrested for possession of cocaine in 1972. The rumor had been circulating for months, and Salon did little more than report on the existence of the rumor."

http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id478/pg1/

Another article of interest...
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:31 pm

I'm running into this stuff on Newsgroups, BTW, and am trying to verify it...apparently a Right winger is posting a bunch of stuff there...

Concerning Howard Dean from an MSNBC interview with Chris Matthews:

"My number was 143, which was a pretty low number. I figured I was going to get drafted. I knew I had a back problem. I had it for four years because I had back pain during my track career in high school. So I went down to have a draft physical in 1970. I think it was February (...) So I failed my draft physical.

MATTHEWS: You make it sound rather passive.

Now, you have read “The New York Times.” You know how they described it-quote-”In the winter of 1970, a 21-year-old student from Yale walked into his armed services physical in New York carrying X-rays and a letter from his orthopedist, eager to know whether a back condition might keep him out of the military draft.”

Is that accurate? Did you carry materials into argue your case against being...

DEAN: Yes. No, I brought my-I didn’t argue any case.

MATTHEWS: Then why did you bring materials to a draft physical?

DEAN: Because I knew I had a back problem and I knew they would want to know about it. And they did know about it. And...

MATTHEWS: Did you do it with the idea this would help you get out of the draft or just, you thought it would be informative?

DEAN: No, I was not... "

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3607157/

(LAUGHTER)

DEAN: I was not "
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:37 pm

Apparently the "fact" that Republicans rake in more bucks from the rich than the Democrats is not true? An excerpt:

"Donors of $10,000 or more gave $140 million to the Democrats and only $111 million to the Republicans.

Among those who gave $100,000 or more, Democrats raised $72 million to the Republicans' $34 million.

Among those who gave $1 million or more, the Democratic Party raised $36 million to $3 million for the Republicans"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30228
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:47 pm

Hmmm, I guess everyone else around here went to bed or something...LOL

"Kerry backed donor who scammed U.S."

"The Associated Press
Updated: 1:40 p.m. ET Feb. 19, 2004LOS ANGELES - Presidential candidate John Kerry pressured Congress and the Pentagon to fund a missile system on behalf of a San Diego contractor who, years later, pleaded guilty to making illegal contributions to the senator and other politicians, according to the Los Angeles Times."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4313820/

Apparently there is no evidence that Kerry had direct knowledge of this...also note that this company also gave money to Joe Scarborough (a Republican!)...can't wait to see what, if anything Joey has to say about this on the tele next week!

Would like to see people batter and bash Kerry with this, though, the way they've been doing it to Bush on stuff...
Administrator

2Hotel9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:17 pm

Hey, SOT, Congress members always scam the US. they are lawyers, the enemy of humanity. NS
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:17 pm

"Fifty chemical warheads were intended to carry a mixture
of Sarin and Cyclosarin nerve agents but technical analysis of warhead remnants indicated that some of these warheads were likely filled with VX nerve agents.15 Iraq also claimed to have unilaterally destroyed all 25 biological warheads (16 botulinum, 5 anthrax, and 4 aflatoxin) in mid-1991.16 UNSCOM later claimed that the alleged Iraqi destruction of these biological warheads “ could not be reconciled with the physical evidence.”

"It is important to note that this report covers only Iraqi systems that are known
through inspections to be WMD capable and not those systems that could be modified to carry WMDs. This report also does not cover Iraqi WMD capable artillery, rockets, aerial bombs, and mines."

"In Chief UN Weapons Inspector Hans Blix’s report to the UN on January 27, 2003,
he suggested that Iraq’s Al Samoud II and Al Fatah (Ababil-100) missiles were in
violation of the 150 kilometer range limit set by the Security Council."

Hmmm...I believe we've heard this all some time ago? Perhaps we were mistaken!

http://www.fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/19132.pdf

BTW, this is a Government document, so I quoted quite a bit of it...
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:27 pm

"Some critics wonder what the value of that national asset of strength would be today if Kerry had had his way with the defense cuts he has supported over the decades."

Goes on to list all the military cuts that Kerry supported and/or sponsored...quite a few of them, including pay raises (ouch!):

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/16/132851.shtml
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:34 pm

Looks real to me...apparently flyers for a Kerry Senatorial bid in 1984 where he's bragging about attacking President Reagan's sponsorship increased military spending? Great if your a Liberal I guess...also great if the rest of the world is peaceful, friendly, and unarmed...then I'd be all for it!
Last edited by Steel On Target on Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Administrator

Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:24 am

An interesting point in President Bush's speech yesterday:

"The other party's nomination battle is still playing out. The candidates are an interesting group, with diverse opinions: For tax cuts, and against them. For NAFTA, and against NAFTA.

For the Patriot Act, and against the Patriot Act. In favor of liberating Iraq, and opposed to it. And that's just one senator from Massachusetts. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112280,00.html

Like I've said before, the Democratic Party is divided and in a shambles. As sleazy as he was, at least Clinton gave them a figurehead around which to rally. Seems like Billary is still in there, and also like I've said before, seem to be doing what they can to divide the Party in order to keep their power and future political aspirations in tact.

Very sad to see this noble Party being wasted like this.

I would like to see both parties more clearly define the planks of their respective party platforms, but I guess they don't do this anymore. The issues might get in the way of voter's decisions I guess.
Administrator

Chuck58
Sergeant
Sergeant

(No Subject)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:34 am

I agree with your last couple of sentences. It seems people today are supposed to vote for the Party rather than the platform, for the best looking candidate rather than the best candidate, and for who can tell the best lies rather than speak the truth.

People today aren't interested in truth. They don't want to hear the truth. Lies are more effective.
   Board Index
   -> Sound Off Forum Headquarters, The Political Arena
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 41  [ 601 Posts ]

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to: