R. Lee Ermey's SOUND OFF Forum
Username:   Password: 
Auto Login

R. Lee Ermey's SOUND OFF Forum
The views and posts in this do not represent the views of R. Lee Ermey or R. Lee Ermey.com, .net, .org, .biz or .us entities.

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 pm
All times are UTC - 4 Hours

Get your Gunny Garmin Voice Skins at Gunny Ermey's PX. CLICK NOW SWEATHEART!!!
Gunny Chat
7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

Game Trophies: 3
7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan
Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 am

I've heard all these things before, but a reminder that we Cons have our own version of myths, rainbows/unicorns, Hope 'n Change is a good thing I suppose...

1. Paved the way for Obamacare

Reagan’s health policy previewed Obamacare in three major ways. First, Reagan signed Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), the law barring hospitals from turning away patients on grounds of their insurance or citizenship — a preview of Obamacare’s ban on insurance discrimination against individuals with preexisting conditions. Second, Reagan doubled the size of Medicaid over the course of his presidency to pay for all of those new uninsured patients — a huge Obamacare-style Medicaid expansion. Third, Reagan pushed something called Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs), which essentially had the government set the prices Medicare was willing to pay for each Medicare admission rather than pay for reimburse doctors per cost. DRGs cut Medicare costs by $49 billion by 1986, proving a promising trial for the sorts of Medicare payment reform policies you can find in Obamacare.

2. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants (Simpson-Mazzoli Act)

3. Successfully pushed for an assault weapons ban (Firearm Owners’ Protection Act,
Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, supported the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban)

4. Grew the federal government, big time

5. Dealt with Russia to build a world free of nuclear weapons (START treaty)

6. Wanted to make millionaires pay more in taxes

7. Passed (?...mean signed into law?-SOT) environmental regulations that are now being used to fight climate change (Montreal Protocol)

I'd add a few more:

8. Did nothing about the Beirut Marine barracks bombing

9. Iran-Contra

10. Was the president of a union back in the day (Screen Actors Guild)-not a bad thing in my view, but with all the union bashing by the majority of Cons on the internet, I find this rather amusing.

11. Facilitated massive profits for the MIC through Star Wars and military expansion.

But, as presidents go, still probably the best we've had so far. Despite his shortcomings, he made one feel good about being an American. After Vietnam, Nixon/Watergate, the Oil Crisis, and the Carter/Iran Hostage thing, that meant a lot. We enjoyed many years with the Libtards forced underground (except for the Communist-organized anti-cruise missile protests in Europe).
Administrator

"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a common brawl."
Batman47
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: 7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:13 pm

I was listening to our CIC tell us he will encourage Trump to look hard at the ACA, Dream Act, Iran nuclear deal, free trade deals etc., before dismantling any deal or executive orders relating to cap and trade, immigration, etc.

It seems like every new administration starts a new, yet Obama says its customary to continue international agreements.

Boy does he have a surprise coming his way that will affect his destiny, i.e. "Obama".

I actually like Obama for teaching us what it is to be a ruler..

If Trump governors like Regan did, at least three branches of government will be working again.

When I get home I'll put together a list of Trump's promises and economic plans.

SOT, you and I can if you're up to it, keep Trump accountable.

That's all anyone can do.

So far Trump has addressed every issue I have, as if he has read this forum and my web sites.

I don't see how two people can be so close in their views, then Trump and I.

You will see small business de regulation and capital loans made more available once banking de regulation begins in earnest.

The market uncertainty has now began to clear up and those who invest in corporations that invest in the energy sector will gain wealth.

Also, you will see business loans at around 6 to 12 percent out side banks and mortgage rates of interest will gradually rise as the economy begins to rebound.

Otherwise, the Feds will continue to buy up mortgages.

Home ownership will rise with the creation of new jobs in the infrastructure and energy sectors at first.

For every job created, 7 people benefit in respect to to the buying power of newly created wealth.

Trump does not want media out lets to get to big or corporations for that matter, like AIG, to big to fail needing bail outs.

Trump will seek 60 billion defence increases, approving new aircraft to replace F-15'as, etc., and build a 357 ship navy, creating millions of high paying jobs.

The choice program will be changed allowing veterans to choose their own doctors, eliminating this mileage stipulation of the distance from your residence to a VA facility, and if a veteran can't be seen by a VA Doctor within 30-days for a non life threatening event, the VA must issue Vouchers for out sourcing veteran care and if treatment is urgent, and a veteran can't be seen by a VA Doctor, then once again, out sourcing procedures must be in place.

Corporate taxes will be lowered to between 15 to 19 percent, decreased in a period of four years and that 2 trillion off shore cash will come back to America by creating tax incentives for investments provided thousands of jobs are created.

The EPA will learn to mediate pollutants rather then release mining toxins into rivers and rather then drones flying over the animal and farming lands of the mid west, brown water will be mediated into fuel.

In order for manufacturers to return to America, like those 70,000 that split over the last ten years, brown water mediation from 5,000 employees flushing the toilet or heavy metals and contaminates must be mediated.

I find it in sane to force cap and trade on the energy sectors using fossil fuels with or with out mediation of pollutants, because incentives can be created to cause coal or oil plants to clean up emission at the stack.

Trump will be balanced in his approaches to bring back jobs.

Obama exclaims solar and wind mills are creating sustainable jobs and utilities are expanding solar panel leasing programs, something he didn't mention but close enough, yet he did mention Wall-mart and Goggle utilizing solar panels.

What he didn't mention was pollutants are created when you make these products and that the cost of kilowatts is higher then coal energy.

Or the fact that America ships coal all over the world.

Nor did he mention liquid natural gas converted into to gas, brought in by ship to a plant five miles from my beach house on the Baja, Mexico, all flowing to America as Mexico uses propane in bottles.

Trump must address Chinas dis regard for international waters building airports and bases in the East China Sea and he must work with the Philippine President supplying their country arms to fight Muslims trying to take over the island of the "Gold Mountain".

The Philippines for years has seen China businesses in their country, just check out Subic Bay.

The 2nd Amendment will be up held and gangs will be broken up and their members jailed to include 2 to 3 million illegal criminals deported or jailed.

Our southern boarders secured and incentives for others to become legal all a head on the horizon.

Peace through Strength, wow I can't believe it.

SOT you and I, and others, a fading voice have the tool to communicate, this forum as a tool, so lets double down until one day, others realize that while our future was bleak through Obama, through a Trump administration their is light at the end of the tunnel.
Last edited by Batman47 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:30 am; edited 5 times in total
Old Salts
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

Game Trophies: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Find myself actually watching MSNBC...two reasons: See what the opposition is up to and their panic/hypocrisy is highly amusing!

Rachel Maddow was going on for a segment about how the Trump transition team hasn't contacted this or that agency yet...I'm thinking, maybe these are all organizations Trump doesn't think we need nor be given the time of day?

I mean, Spain didn't have an organized central government for months...and what happened? Nothing.

Now, like I've said before I voted for Trump mainly as an alternative to the Hildabeast, so I will say I'm not comfortable with him (supposedly) wanting a former Goldman Sachs stooge in his administration. Not too keen on him wanting his kids to have top secret clearance.

Bannon has the Zionists, the Muslim activists, and the rest of the Soros allies in a tizzy....pure entertainment gold.

Nice to see Liberal/LSM heads exploding. After all the nastiness we've put up with Obama and his ilk all these years, turnabout is nice...yeah, I'm petty like that. Wink

I agree with Alex Jones...he says that if Trump follows through with even half of what he said he would do, it would be worth voting for him...and...if he screws us we will holding him accountable. Don't know what will come of that, but it might guarantee Trump one term and out?
Administrator

"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a common brawl."
Batman47
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 am

I don't think his apointments will be understood by everyone.

Clearences for his kids should be left up to their records just like any government employee, yet Trump is exposing his kids to the full reach of the law if they are reckless like Clinton, although their father could pardon them like Obama could pardon Clinton.

Half would be more then we got from Obama.
Last edited by Batman47 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Old Salts
   Board Index
   -> Sound Off Forum Headquarters, The Political Arena
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]

Jump to: