R. Lee Ermey's SOUND OFF Forum
Username:   Password: 
Auto Login

R. Lee Ermey's SOUND OFF Forum
The views and posts in this do not represent the views of R. Lee Ermey or R. Lee Ermey.com, .net, .org, .biz or .us entities.

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 pm
All times are UTC - 4 Hours

Get your Gunny Garmin Voice Skins at Gunny Ermey's PX. CLICK NOW SWEATHEART!!!
Mail Call- S.N.A.F.U. DVD
Tax Meat Until It’s Too Expensive To Eat, New UN Report Suggests

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

Game Trophies: 3
Tax Meat Until It’s Too Expensive To Eat, New UN Report Suggests
Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:28 am

NWO, Communist Fascist scum

Quote:
Meat should be taxed at the wholesale level to raise the price and deter consumption, says a new report from the UN’s International Research Panel (IRP). This will (supposedly) save the environment and prevent global warming.

“I think it is extremely urgent,” said Professor Maarten Hajer of Utrecht University in the Netherlands, lead author of the report. “All of the harmful effects on the environment and on health needs to be priced into food products.”

Hajer and other members of the IRP assert that livestock creates 14.5 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change.

Sneak the tax up on people

Rather than taxing the meat at the retail level (in supermarkets and shops), Hajer recommended taxing it at the wholesale level. “We think it’s better to price meats earlier in the chain, it’s easier,” said Hajer.

http://iceagenow.info/tax-meat-until-its-too-expensive-to-eat-new-un-report-sugg ests/
Administrator

"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a common brawl."
Batman47
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Tax Meat Until It’s Too Expensive To Eat, New UN Report Suggests
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:50 am

“Agriculture today accounts for for one-third of global greenhouse gas emissions that promote global warming,” says Premack, “and half of those agriculture emissions come from livestock.”

-

I'm thinking coal emissions, carbon monoxide/dioxide, industrial plants and humans make up the rest.

Tax out the retail fast foods by over taxing the wholesalers of meat, the butchers.
Old Salts
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:40 pm

LOL....this is such a scam.

The major cause of methane emission is methanogenic bacteria. Not only do they live in the digestive tracts of animals (including us) but in mud, in the oceans, in tree bark, in insects....you get the picture.

They were producing methane before we came along and will be long after we're gone.
Administrator

Sidewinder
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:32 pm

You're right, SOT! I remember when I was a kid seeing bubbles coming up to the surface of the lake where we camped. My uncle told me it was methane from all the stuff rotting and deteriorating on the bottom of the lake!

And we put methane in the atmosphere aver time we break wind!
Sound Off Central Command
Old Salts/Administrator

http://www.virtualwall.org/dn/NovakTE01a.htm

http://www.virtualwall.org/dh/HealyRJ01a.htm

http://www.virtualwall.org/dc/ConsolvoJW01a.htm

http://www.virtualwall.org/dt/TerwilligerVB01a.htm

http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BlyRT01a.htm

SEMPER FI!!!
Batman47
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:37 am

Methane Emissions

Properties of Methane
Chemical Formula: CH4
Lifetime in Atmosphere: 12 years
Global Warming Potential (100-year): 25

Methane (CH4) is the second most prevalent greenhouse gas emitted in the United States from human activities. In 2014, CH4 accounted for about 11 percent of all U.S. greenhouse gas emissions from human activities. Methane is emitted by natural sources such as wetlands, as well as human activities such as leakage from natural gas systems and the raising of livestock. Natural processes in soil and chemical reactions in the atmosphere help remove CH4 from the atmosphere. Methane's lifetime in the atmosphere is much shorter than carbon dioxide (CO2), but CH4 is more efficient at trapping radiation than CO2. Pound for pound, the comparative impact of CH4 on climate change is more than 25 times greater than CO2 over a 100-year period.

Globally, over 60 percent of total CH4 emissions come from human activities.1 Methane is emitted from industry, agriculture, and waste management activities, described below.

US Methane Emissions by Source: U.S. methane emissions by source: 33% is from natural gas and petroleum systems, 22% is from enteric fermentation, 20% is from landfills, 9% is from coal mining, 8% is from manure management, and 6% is from other sources.

Note: All emission estimates from the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990–2014.

Larger image to save or print.

•Industry. Natural gas and petroleum systems are the largest source of CH4 emissions from industry in the United States. Methane is the primary component of natural gas. Some CH4 is emitted to the atmosphere during the production, processing, storage, transmission, and distribution of natural gas. Because gas is often found alongside petroleum, the production, refinement, transportation, and storage of crude oil is also a source of CH4 emissions. For more information, see the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks sections on Natural Gas Systems and Petroleum Systems.

•Agriculture. Domestic livestock such as cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats, and camels produce large amounts of CH4 as part of their normal digestive process. Also, when animals' manure is stored or managed in lagoons or holding tanks, CH4 is produced. Because humans raise these animals for food, the emissions are considered human-related. Globally, the Agriculture sector is the primary source of CH4 emissions. For more information, see the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks Agriculture chapter.

•Waste from Homes and Businesses. Methane is generated in landfills as waste decomposes and in the treatment of wastewater. Landfills are the third largest source of CH4 emissions in the United States. For more information see the U.S. Inventory's Waste chapter.

Methane is also emitted from a number of natural sources. Wetlands are the largest source, emitting CH4 from bacteria that decompose organic materials in the absence of oxygen. Smaller sources include termites, oceans, sediments, volcanoes, and wildfires.

To find out more about the role of CH4 in warming the atmosphere, and its sources, visit the Causes of Climate Change page and the Greenhouse Gas Indicators page in the Science section.

Emissions and Trends

Methane (CH4) emissions in the United States decreased by 6 percent between 1990 and 2014. During this time period, emissions increased from sources associated with agricultural activities, while emissions decreased from sources associated with the exploration and production of natural gas and petroleum products.

US Methane Emissions by Source: U.S. methane emissions by source:

33% is from natural gas and petroleum systems,

22% is from enteric fermentation,

20% is from landfills,

9% is from coal mining,

8% is from manure management, and

6% is from other sources.

Note: All emission estimates from the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990–2014.
https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/overview-greenhouse-gases#methane

--------------------------------------------------

Natural occurrences of Methane (CH4) emissions are estimated in the 6% arena or other greenhouse gases.

Natural CH4 emissions not even discussed in this report. The oceans, lakes, ponds and marsh lands not even cited as a large percentage of green house gases.

The focus is on us and animals I guess. Coal at 9% as compared to human and animal CH4 emissions suggest domestic animals for poultry and meet are now the endangered species.

What the heck, in fifty years the oceans will rise 50 feet, so where is the sea walls, huge cargo ships capable of rescuing folks from storms.

There is no preparation from dooms day other then alarming everyone with no direction to head.

Canals running throughout America and huge deserts converted in the salt lakes is coming as a way to manage flooding.

Ya I know, thousands of years of old manure needs protected.

Every year we loose marsh lands from the ocean in the east coast.

But it's meat eaters the world over that is the problem. The chart reflects animals only cause about 8% and from manure management, you know, those shit ponds.

Goes to show us all, these articles are just a bunch of Sound Bites.
Old Salts
Batman47
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 am

NASA study confirms massive methane hot spot over Four Corners natural gas producing region
http://www.jwnenergy.com/article/2016/8/nasa-study-confirms-massive-methane-hot- spot-over-four-corners-natural-gas-producing-region/

Study: Most of methane hot spot comes from natural gas leaks
http://krqe.com/2016/08/20/study-most-of-methane-hot-spot-comes-from-natural-gas -leaks/

Natural gas vs coal: It’s all in the leak rate
http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article96435817.html

Methane Matters

Scientists Work to Quantify the Effects of a Potent Greenhouse Gas
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/MethaneMatters/

Methane Glows in Alien Planet’s Atmosphere
http://www.space.com/7862-methane-glows-alien-planets-atmosphere.html

Methane detected on alien planet - Technology & science ...
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23708164/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/organic-mol ecule-detected-alien-planet/

Pretty amazing CH4 can exist in space. No smoking please.
Old Salts
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't trust the EPA with much of anything concerning "climate change".

It's only been within the last few decades that (real) scientists discovered "cold seeps" at the bottom of ocean where massive quantities of methane are released 24/7.
Administrator

burdawg
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

(No Subject)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Pink slime, yum.Got me thinking about th the Bermuda Triangle again with all this talk of methane, I gather most human farting is hydrogen, something to do with bacteria differences and isn't fracking all about liberating methane..well it's about poisoning the water table so no one can live off grid and to make it a controlled resource to dominate the populous, well, whomever survives that is.Climate change? What? Seasons? Weather? Quick call the Manbearpig! The Smart Meter is being rolled out big time over here with incentives and the brain dead f*****rds are just yumming it up, no such thing as "informed" consent any more, just trendy herding towards oblivion, sorry, repetitive and grumpy as always.Oh, I should add that meters are read by G4S here and they are not slow to be all domineering and nosey as far as what electrical goods you have, I no longer let them in and God help them if they approach me when pretending to be police, God help me too shortly afterwards.
Steel On Target
Commandant
Commandant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:40 am

I'm not understanding what the UK's and the U.S.'s economies are even running on anymore? I assume it's the same over there...just about everything you buy from heavy machinery to plastic bags are made overseas...that is Asia, namely China. And they still have tons of poverty and political strife. Stuff just ain't "trickling down" like it did many decades ago.

Confused

I'm guessing we're simply running up our national credit cards. What's interesting is all the contractors out there that still do business with our respective governments. Who will be the last to do business with London or Washington and be left holding the bag? Musical chairs.

And we have this from our National Proletariat Radio:

Quote:
Should We Be Having Kids In The Age Of Climate Change?

Standing before several dozen students in a college classroom, Travis Rieder tries to convince them not to have children. Or at least not too many.

He's at James Madison University in southwest Virginia to talk about a "small-family ethic" — to question the assumptions of a society that sees having children as good, throws parties for expecting parents, and in which parents then pressure their kids to "give them grandchildren."

Why question such assumptions? The prospect of climate catastrophe.

For years, people have lamented how bad things might get "for our grandchildren," but Rieder tells the students that future isn't so far off anymore.

He asks how old they will be in 2036, and, if they are thinking of having kids, how old their kids will be.

"Dangerous climate change is going to be happening by then," he says. "Very, very soon."

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-c limate-change

Actually, people should think twice about having children as they're likely to end up being slaves (or dead) at the hands of Communist/NWO creeps such as these.
Last edited by Steel On Target on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Administrator

Batman47
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:01 pm

If only you could see through my eyes, then you would see why the youth over all have no future.

We've built our lives around the O' mighty dollar and that dollar has less value then ever before.

I see young Mexican kids going to school, with little hope of much when they get older, unless one of your parents work for the federal government.

Free education at a university for federal government employees kids helps a few and the rest only have a chance at obtaining a higher education if their parents can pay for it.

18.30 pesos to the dollar.

Wages are as low as 20 pesos an hour. I pay 50 pesos an hour to short help, as I'm a gringo, but I pay my Mexican Care Attendants $80.00 to $100.00 a day, although my primary Care Manager and I have a long term contract that will see his 5,000 s. f. two story ocean front house complete by December 2017. Around 80 percent complete, It's a great place to live.

But others living around us are very poor, needing help every day. I'm always giving away my food and water.

Americans are a fickle people. Our ancestors suffered, sacrificed and died to bring us to where were at and we've allowed our government to over spend, becoming debt ridden, the future for your children if you have any, is very bleak.

Maybe that's why the federal government got into the bed room, forcing employers to pay for condoms, birth control and abortions.

I read that one third of Americans, 11-million no longer will have a choice as to where they can by health insurance beginning in 2017.

I remember our CIC saying multiple choices will reduce your premiums.

The only reason our government is still running is because of taxation and Federal Reserve Banks purchasing TB's and mortgages every month in the amount of 80 billion.

When the American people finally realize how bad it is, it will be because the federal government will itself go broke unless taxes are increased to off set the annual cost of financing the debt.

So increased taxes will eventually starve the economy of consumer spending, causing business to close as is the case presently, illustrated by a thread on this forum SOT keeps up.

The health of the national economy can be measured by the closing of business, especially retail stores, since products created result in employment.

Now, what if, many stores that close, had clients over seas, wouldn't that affect over seas businesses as well?

Americans often forget or just don't know the impact that occurs as a result of less consumer purchasing power.

America is like the tip of the trompo, so without America the world can't function internationally until the world recognizes a universal dollar. The day this happens, will be as a result of Americas bankruptcy, defaulting the present banking system that America used to defraud the world into a false hope, that the present banking system is the best we can create to offer a means for compensation for our efforts.

No government can last as a free republic if it receives the greatest share of the wealth from it's people.

Over taxation to include from the grave, death tax, etc., suggests the American Dream of being free is a hoax.

We are from the day were born, born into a false since of security, a false hope that we labor for, the hope of retiring early with enough money to live the rest of our lives, simply because, we've allowed our government to grow to big.

In Mexico if you are in your fifties, your not hired over preference of a younger person who, as an older person, work for 1,000 pesos a week.

Americans nationally in need of $15.00 an hour and tips if you can get them necessary to survive.

If you compare wages throughout the world, you will note, Africa, Middle East, and South East Asia people receiving the least amount for wages and much lower then Mexico.

Once the global market was created, nations became reliant on each other to sell their products.

So when a small country like Greece fails, the European Union, the euro backed countries like Germany was on hook to do something, a temporary fix at best because the economic ideology of those involved didn't change.

Americas progressive socialist advance embraces a Greece type mentality, so if Hillary Clinton becomes the next President, Socialism will advance.

Clintons problem is, where to let Senator Sanders work, a devote socialist without looking to much like a socialist.

A perfect job for Senator Sanders in a Clinton Administration would be the Zar to insure meat and poultry get taxed out of existence like coal factories.
Last edited by Batman47 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Old Salts
   Board Index
   -> Sound Off Forum Headquarters, The Political Arena
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]

Jump to: